If you love ice skating and are unsure about skating rinks being available in the summer, you have come to the right post where I will answer your question around skating such as: Are skating rinks open in the summer, are skating rinks cold, are indoor ice skating rinks cold, What to wear ice skating in summer, will skating rinks be open during the lockdown and what skating rink is open right now in LA. In this post, we even talked about if it is possible to skate on ice you might want to check that out. So with let’s get right to it. But read this too: Does Roller Skating Help with Belly Fat
Are skating rinks open in the summer
The thing is, skating rinks are available all year round, regardless of the temperature of your region. However some due one reason or the other close up during summer and we are going to see the ones that remain open all year round.
The size of the skating rink is usually a maximum of12,000 square meters to a minimum of 2,500 square meters.
This is also subject to change depending on the purpose and capacity of the rinks. Related Tips&Rules+ Top-17 Balance Exercises for Figure Skaters
Are Skating Rinks Cold
Generally, skating rinks are prepared for ice-skating, ice-hockey, figure skating, speed-skating, curling, etc. Skating rinks are cold because they are designed for ice sports and entertainment.
Skating rinks are specially prepared hard surface areas commonly used with ice, so they are out.
However, the climatic factors in some regions make it possible for some skating rinks to fluctuate between cold and warm.
It would help if you always went to a skating rink with warm and comfortable clothing.
The possibility that a Skating rink will be warm will be if the area is overcrowded and that in the present day is nearly not possible because of the covid19 pandemic.
Are indoor ice skating rinks cold?
The lowest indoor skating rink temperature will be around 50 degrees Celsius because ice gets to freezing point at 34F degrees if it is made exclusively for ice hockey.
The overall temperature of skating rinks differs from one to another. The indoor Skating Rinks will not be as cold as outdoor Skating Rinks in the winter.
However, you can be assured that there is a degree of coldness, and you ought to go prepared. The temperature in a skating rink vary as a result of several factors, which includes;
- The rink size (especially when overcrowded).
- The population of people in the skating room.
- The temperature of the environment and season.
- The size of the compressors used in the rink.
- The country/region the rink is located.
- Air conditioning of the area.
All ice skating Rinks are cold and have a hard surface; they are built for such purposes.
What to wear ice-skating in summer?
It’s summer and likely too hot to go out in heavy clothing; you can wear light clothing on your way out to the skating rink and carry your skating outfit packed in a backpack. You will need some form of protective covering once you get to your ice skating rink venue in the summer or any time of the year. No matter the time of the year, you should always consider your safety when going ice-skating to avoid injuries by using protective clothing.
Also, remember that you should wear comfortable clothes to allow ease and freedom of movement while ice-skating; people are encouraged to opt for brightly colored clothes
Try your best to avoid black clothing because black causes you to sweat more and makes your skating experience uncomfortable. Here are a few things you should consider wearing ice-skating in summer;
- Safety skating pads (helmet, knee pads, wrist pads, elbow guards, shin guards, etc.)
- Skating Socks
- Long and comfortable pants (not too tight).
- leggings for ladies
- light accessory
- hand gloves
- sweaters/jackets for Male and for female
- scarfs for your neck
- ice skates ( yours preferably)
- Beanie for your ears
While ice-skating, there are some clothes and shoes you should avoid; they include tight-fitting garments, shorts, dresses, skirts, thick socks, jeans, high heels, bikinis, excessive accessory heavy makeup, etc. on the contrary, you should replace your clothes with this list above and pick any of the skate shoes we picked out for you from this skate shoe list here where I will show our top recommended skate shoes to buy for your skating.
Will skating rinks be open during lockdown?
The world is going through a pandemic and most recreational centers are under lockdown, these laws enforced by the governing authorities are for the safety of the general public. Skating Rinks will not be open during the lockdown.
However, the lockdown rule is beginning to ease up in different parts of the country. People can go out for more recreational activities with a lot of restrictions on public relations. Skating rinks in some places will be available under strict adherence to Covid -19 protocols. Some rules put in place by most ice-skating rink centers are;
- Compulsory use of facemasks by employees and customers.
- Try disinfecting rental materials like helmets and skates.
- A limited number of persons are allowed in the seating area.
- Pre-scheduled sessions (that is, online bookings).
- Practising Social distancing rules
- Regular washing of hands (before and after).
- The use of alcohol-based sanitisers.
What skating rink is open right now in LA?
Due to the pandemic, Skating Rinks was shut down by authorities. With the recent ease, quite a number of them have been re-opened for use. However, this shouldn’t stop your fun. We have got you covered on the best locations available at the time of writing.
Some of the skating Rinks open in LA presently are;
- LA Kings Holiday Ice: This Skating rink is located at 8750 Van Nuys Blvd, Panorama City, CA.
- Holiday Ice rink Pershing Square: 532 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90013, United States.
- Toyota Sports Performing Center: 555 N. Nash Street El Segundo, CA 90245
- Pasadena Ice Skating Center: 300 E Green St, Pasadena, CA, 91101, United States.
- The Rinks – Anaheim Ice: They offer skating services with refreshments you would be interested in. They are located in LA, 300 W, Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92805.
- Roller Skates of America: 16726 Hawthorne Blvd, Lawndale, CA. 90260.
- Another location is at LA Skate Co: located at 5401 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029, United States.
- The Rinks- Lakewood ice: At 3975 Pixie Avenue, Lakewood CA, 90712, United States.
- TC Skate and Dance: You can find this at 11446 Artesia Blvd Artesia, CA.
- Ice at Santa Monica: The Skate Rink centre is at 1324 5th St, Santa Monica.
- Ice land ice skating centre: At 14318 Calvert St, Van Nuys CA, 91401, United States.
- Valley Skate and Surf: At 16914 Parthenia St, Northridge, CA 91343 United States.
- California street hockey Association: It is located at 1615 W Merced Ave. West Covina, CA 91790.
- East-west ice Palace: This skating rink is at 11446 Artesia Blvd, Artesia CA, 90701, United States.
Skating Rinks are fun and are available all year round. Following the rules of your choice center will keep you out of harm’s way and lower your chances of getting infected with covid.
What to Read Next:
- How Skating is Possible on Ice (What Type of Force is Ice Skating?)
- 5 Best Skate Shoes 2021: Are Skate Shoes Suitable For Walking